Top Attractions in Greece
The ancient symbol of sanity, the plethora of philosophy, a land where various cultures and civilizations are bred and a nation where geometry, thalia and melpomene and Olympics was born; Greece is an ineffable destination.
"How great are the dangers I face to win a good name in Athens"
Alexander the great described Athens in precise words that define the greatness and grandeur of this ancient hub
Athens strikes the right balance between the new and the old. The intermingling of various cultures has given Athens a face that sets it apart from the rest of the world. And this eclectic mix is hard to ignore. Planning a trip to Athens is one of the most lauding experiences you will have; for sure.
This is a great time to plan a trip to Athens given the drop down in rates around Greece due to its current financial status. Discounted rates on accommodation, cheaper tours & activities and unbelievably affordable flights to Athens makes one opportunity you should absolutely not let go. Besides, April and May is the spring time in Athens which equals to a great weather!
Okay, so these reasons are convincing enough to plan a trip to Greece and for those struck with wanderlust to travel here, this is a recommended list of things to do Tours in Athens in April and May.
1. Drench in the Aura of the AcropolisPhoto Source: pixbay.com
Acropolis is without a doubt, one of the most recognisable structures of the world and an unsaid identity of Greece. And exploring this overabundance of history, opulence and ancient wealth under the guidance of an expert will take your experience to the next level. Home to dozens of temples, edifices and places of interest, the Acropolis deserves at least half of your day.
Tour Duration: 4 hours
Highlights of the tour:
- Admire The City’s Most Significant Landmarks
- Visit Two Of The Most Important Archaeological Sites Of Athens
- Enjoy A Guided Tour With An Experienced Licensed Guide
- Discover All About The History Of This Ancient City
- Take In Stunning Panoramic Views
What is included in this tour:
- 2-hour private guided tour to the Acropolis
- 2-hour private guided tour to the Acropolis Museum
- English speaking state-licensed Insider guide
2. Spend A Day in DelphiPhoto Source: pixabay.com
According to Greek mythology, Delphi is the very place where Apollo spoke through his oracles and these oracles were considered to be ‘The Word’ in ancient Greece. Wars were fought, empires were diminished, blood was shed and emperors were born on the predictions of these oracles.
Located at a distance of around 200 kilometres from Athens, visiting Delphi is one of the most interesting things to in Athens.
Tour Duration: 1 day
- Visit To Livadia, Galaxidi, Delphi.
- Private Guided Tour Of The Site And The Museum
- A Walk In Galaxidi, A Picturesque Seaside Village
- Swim In The Sea!
- 11-hour private excursion
- 2-hour guided tour of Delphi archaeological site and museum
- Transport by private car or mini van
- Refreshments & snacks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private services of a specialized guide
3. Transfer to the Magical island of SantoriniPhoto Source: Pixabay.com
You’ve seen it everywhere- wallpapers, blogs, photos, screensavers, movies! Santorini has taken the world with its magnetic charm, cobbled crisp white alleys, striking valley, subtle sea and an atmosphere that can practically rejuvenate anyone!
A product of a volcanic eruption, Santorini’s distinct white buildings with blue rooftops, swimming pools on cliffs and unbelievably elegant hotels are enticing.
Tour Duration: 2 days
- Admire The Stunning Island Of Santorini
- Walk The Picturesque Streets Of Charming Oia
- Feast Your Eyes On The Majestic Sunset
- Explore The Island At Your Own Pace
- Enjoy Hassle-free Transfers - Boat Tickets And Island Hotel Transfers Included In The Price
What’s included in this tour:
- 1 night accommodation with breakfast 3 star Hotel - double/twin beds
- Transfers between Santorini Island Port and hotel
- Economy ferry transfers between Athens and Santorini Island
- All transportations by air-conditioned, non-smoking coach and Blue Star Ferries
4. Party in MykonosPhoto Source: pixabay.com
This is the indubitable party capital of Greece and rightly so. If a party on this island cannot cheer you up, I don’t know what can!
Popular as the Venice of the South, Mykonos will confuse you with its elegance and stylish sensation.
Tour Duration: 2 Days
- See The Charming Island Of Mykonos
- Admire The Picturesque, Whitewashed Settlements
- Swim In Amazing Beaches
- Enjoy The Vibrant Nightlife
What’s included in this tour:
- 1 night accommodation with breakfast 3 star Hotel - double/twin beds (subject to availability)
- Transfers between Mykonos Island Port and hotel
- Economy ferry transfers between Athens and Mykonos Island
- All transportations by air-conditioned, non-smoking coach and Blue Star Ferrie
5. Take a Family trip to Mycenae and Corinth CanalPhoto Source: Wikimedia Commons
Travelling with kids can be a tedious task. Keeping them entertained as you explore a destination is a matter of worry for many. And if you are travelling with kids to historic hub like Athens, discovering its historical facade and managing to keep your kids entertained at the same time can be little tricky.
This tour features child-friendly guided visit and special activities for kids like pottery workshop and treats to take home that will make this family vacation a memorable one!
Duration of tour: 10 hours
- Visit To Archaeological Site Of Mycenae
- Exploration Of The Site And The Museum
- A Leisure Walk And Lunch In Nafplio
- Corinth Canal